Saturday 7 July 2007

Decisions, decisions

I can't make them. I am hopeless at deciding and the need to choose is ruining my life. It takes me three times as long to get dressed in the mornings because I stand in front of the wardrobe staring at the contents unable to make a simple choice.

Of course this isn't helped by the fact that I am a hoarder of clothes and I have far too many of every imaginable item. To illustrate this point I counted the number of skirts I currently own...there are 39 of them!

How on earth did that happen? I mean why on earth would anyone need 39 skirts? In fact there are a few more than that but I only counted the skirts that actually fit me and that are fit to be seen in public...I did not include the too tight or the almost obscenely short - especially for someone of my age - leather mini skirts.

Worse still I went shopping with my mother today and almost bought ...a skirt! It was lovely...pale blue and made from pure cotton...but mother dearest said it made me look wide.
I'm not exactly sure what wide means in the context of skirts, but I'm pretty sure its not good. It didn't sound like a compliment to me.

No comments: